Call Your Senators to Insist on the Inclusion of Moral Criteria in Proposed Health Care Replacement
1. Strip out harmful changes to Medicaid that will wreak havoc on the poor and vulnerable, including the per capita caps;
2. Ensure that any health care legislation includes protections for the unborn in all respects, including Hyde amendment prohibitions on use of federal funds on abortions or plans that cover it;
3. Include conscience protections for those involved in the health care system.
Bishop Frank Dewane, Chairman of the U.S. Bishops' Committee on Domestic Justice and Human Development, reiterates that no repeal ought to take place without a concurrent replacement.
In light of uncertainty about how the Senate will proceed on health care in the coming months, Bishop Dewane called on the Senate to fix problems with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in a bipartisan, more narrow way: by extending full Hyde Amendment protections to the ACA, enacting laws that protect the conscience rights of all stakeholders in health care, protecting religious freedom, and passing legislation that begins to remove current and impending barriers to access and affordability, particularly for those most in need. [-] less
Your message has not been sent for one of the following reasons:
1. You are not a constituent of the officials targeted, and therefore you do not need to take action.
2. The legislative seat that has been targeted is vacant at this time. The seat will be filled after the next scheduled election.
Your message has not been sent for the following reason:
None of the officials targeted in this campaign accept the type of communication chosen by your organization.
No further action is needed at this time. Thank you again.
Your code has been sent!
Please do not close this window. Minimize the window instead. You will need to come back to this window to enter your code.
We have sent an email to ... with a verification code. If you do not see it within the next five minutes, please check your spam/junk mail folder.
If you did not receive your verification email, click cancel and check that you entered your email address correctly.
Some of your officials require the following additional information to be submitted in order for this message to be delivered to them. The prefix you selected is not accepted by one of your legislators.