WE DID IT!
Yesterday, thanks to your advocacy, the D.C. Council passed a historic budget that fully funds our top priorities!
Whether you came out for The Way Home Advocacy Day, contacted Chairman Mendelson on our Call-In day, sent an email, shared our actions with your networks, or raised your voice to ensure that Mayor Bowser supported our priorities - your voice was heard and we could not have done this without you!
In the budget passed yesterday, the D.C. Council maintained the Mayor's strong investments in ending homelessness, added additional funding to serve 115 individuals in Permanent Supportive Housing and 188 individuals in Targeted Affordable Housing, and provided funding for staff support for the D.C. Interagency Council on Homelessness (ICH).
All together, these investments will help end homelessness for more than 1,200 individuals and 550 families and brings D.C. closer to ending chronic homelessness by 2017!
- 455 individuals through Rapid Re-housing
- 365 more individuals through additional Permanent Supportive Housing
- 338 individuals through Targeted Affordable Housing
- Up to 100 residents daily through the new daytime center for individuals
- 72 through additional prevention slots
- 80 through intensive Rapid Re-housing
- 110 through additional Permanent Supportive Housing
- 147 through Targeted Affordable Housing
- 160 through 84 replacement units for D.C. General Shelter
We could not have done this without your help. THANK YOU for your support of The Way Home Campaign and for raising your voice to end homelessness for some of D.C.'s most vulnerable residents.
Please stay tuned for additional updates, including how we plan to celebrate our wins!