This bill would:
- prohibit funding for gender reassignment medical interventions;
- not prohibit gender reassignment that does not use federal funds;
- allow for federal funds to apply to treating problems arising from gender reassignment.
Bill text excerpts:
* Prohibition: "No funds authorized or appropriated by Federal law, and none of the funds in any trust fund to which funds are authorized or appropriated by Federal law, shall be expended for any gender reassignment medical intervention."
* Private funds: "Nothing in this chapter shall be construed as prohibiting any individual, entity, or State or locality from purchasing separate coverage for gender reassignment medical interventions or health benefits coverage that includes gender reassignment medical interventions so long as such coverage is paid for entirely using only funds not authorized or appropriated by Federal law…."
* Treatment: "Nothing in this chapter shall be construed to apply to the treatment of any infection, injury, disease, or disorder that has been caused by or exacerbated by the performance of a gender reassignment medical intervention."