- As extensively documented by the House Energy and Commerce Committee’s Congressional inquiry, the abortion industry has been trafficking in baby body parts.
- "The use of fetal tissue for experimentation and transplantation introduces the opportunity for the gross abuse of human life, such as conception and abortion for the sole purpose of obtaining fetal tissue."
- "The use of fetal tissue from elective abortions could be interpreted as further justification for abortion."
This bill would:
- Prevent the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services (HHS) from conducting or supporting "any research involving human fetal tissue that is obtained pursuant to an induced abortion."
- Allow "the [HHS] Secretary to develop or support the development of new, high-efficiency cell lines, including for the production of vaccines and genetic vectors, so long as the cell lines are not derived from human fetal tissue that is obtained pursuant to an induced abortion."
- Make it illegal to "solicit or knowingly acquire, receive, or accept a donation (excluding any transfer for purposes of autopsy or burial) of human fetal tissue knowing that—(A) a human pregnancy was deliberately initiated to provide such tissue; or (B) the tissue was obtained pursuant to an induced abortion…."