- Under current law, states are required to allow any qualified provider to participate in a state’s Medicaid system.
- A non-partisan Government Accountability Office (GAO) report revealed that Planned Parenthood received $1.2 billion in Medicaid reimbursements over a three year period, accounting for 80 percent of the abortion provider’s joint federal-state funding stream..
- National polling indicates that a strong majority of Americans– including Democrats, Independents, and self-proclaimed pro-choice individuals--oppose using taxpayer money to fund abortions.”
This bill would:
- give states the authority to exclude abortion providers, like Planned Parenthood, from receiving Medicaid funds;
- provide exceptions for rape, incest and the life of the mother; and
- allow states to use federal funds instead for real healthcare, to promote health and healing rather than to prop up abortion clinics that kill unborn babies.